Veteran MemberPosts: 3,936Gear list
Like?
Re: I'd like to have an SLT-mirror that flips up during the shot
In reply to MaxLowLight, Oct 3, 2012

MaxLowLight wrote:

theswede wrote:

Why hello MaxIso.

Never met him.

You have the same dog, camera and interests as him. I think you'd get along!

but then again I enjoy MF most of the time.

With what lense is that?

Why I'd be happy to show you.

How do you attach these lenses to your A33 with the mirror removed?

Please do post some examples! Perhaps of your beautiful dog running around?

Sorry no dog to show, but I do have some macros I shot while playing with my 70-300. Heres a couple for example.

So your statement that MF on the A33 is as easy (or easier than) AF is based on some macro shots with a Pentax system?

Since you won't believe my results anyways

Oooh, burn!

why don't you just do the test yourself?

Because I have absolutely no desire to mess with my SLT mirror. It's working just fine the way it is, and removing it is an unnecessary, warranty removing risk I see no point in taking.

It's real easy to take the mirror out, and real easy to compare either exposure or noise differences. Take some initiative man, you can't expect people to do it all for you.

If they make the claim that it makes a difference I can most certainly expect that.

I happen to have a camera with each VF type, and I have shot with 2 other SLT models as well. I can speak from experience of using both. As I said, have a reflex SLT mirror would allow LV with PDAF, whereas a standard reflex mirror would not. That is about the only advantage to a reflex SLT mirror. This was afteral the topic of the thread.

Well aren't you special! I bet hardly anyone has had access to both OVF and EVF cameras!

But you know, there are a few more advantages to an SLT mirror which you might have missed in your MF macro photography. For one, you have no mirror slap vibration - a major advantage in low light, which it seems is a type of photography you enjoy very much judging by your username. You also squeeze more efficiency out of the AF system since it never has to take a pause from a moved mirror.

Jesper

theswede's gear list:theswede's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Sony SLT-A37 Sony 50mm F1.4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow