First day & photos with 5D Mk III

Started Oct 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
risto40
Regular MemberPosts: 234Gear list
Like?
Re: First day & photos with 5D Mk III
In reply to seacliff, Oct 3, 2012

Oh... my eyes have became bad or...

I am sorry to say, but I actually cannot see anything special in these 3 pictures. They really look like random tourist shot. If you hadn't said that it was 5d3, i would have guessed 1000d or smth like this (i would have even guessed its p&s but as no noise, then it must be something better). Honestly, I do not see any wow effect, like "wow, such fantastic photos, great details and DR. 5d3 is great". Not based on these examples. I'd rather say that as you have 5d3 and you know it's a great camera, then you also believe every picture you take is just amazing. No.

Sorry for such bad critique but honestly think that if you wanted to show how good your 5d3 is, you should have shown better, much better examples. Like someone said already, in camera hdr samples would have been great. Or you should have wait for better time of day for better. I own 40D (kit. My 1st dslr) and I'd say that even I with that old camera can capture such simple pictures with such detail s level.

Again, sorry for such badly sounding comment, but sometimes we do need to hear other words than "wow, great photos" too, if suitable.
--
http://www.hundiurg.eu

risto40's gear list:risto40's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow