V1+lens 399 new. The free fall of the value continues...

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
myzel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,004Gear list
Like?
Re: V1+lens 399 new. The free fall of the value continues...
In reply to MrSkelter, Oct 3, 2012

MrSkelter wrote:

The DSLR isn't going anywhere. There's no need. Professionals don't need smaller. They'll just become less and less mainstream.

I think in the long term dSLRs will get replaced by mirror-less cameras. Not because professionals want smaller cameras, but because the SLR mechanism simply won't be needed anymore. Currently the SLR mechanism is the reason why dSLRs have good optical viewfinders and fast AF systems.

A mirror-less pro system doesn't have to be small (but probably will be thiner without the mirror box).

In my opinion the race for the smallest camera has reached it's limits since system cameras can't get much smaller without becoming uncomfortable to hold. Nikon already makes the Nikon 1 lenses bigger than they need to be.

I guess you are right that dSLR will be available for a long time, just like Nikon still makes film SLRs. But I think that most professionals will use mirror-less cameras in 10-15 years.

myzel's gear list:myzel's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow