MaxLowLight
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Re: I'd like to have an SLT-mirror that flips up during the shot
In reply to theswede, Oct 3, 2012

theswede wrote:

Why hello MaxIso.

Never met him.

but then again I enjoy MF most of the time.

With what lense is that?

Why I'd be happy to show you.

When you get more comfortable with MF you can do it quickly and with more control than AF.

Please do post some examples! Perhaps of your beautiful dog running around?

Sorry no dog to show, but I do have some macros I shot while playing with my 70-300. Heres a couple for example.

With that being said, I agree with you that the SLT mirror hurts more than it helps.

Based on ... ? Could you post some comparison pictures since you pop the mirror in and out all the time?

Since you won't believe my results anyways, why don't you just do the test yourself? It's real easy to take the mirror out, and real easy to compare either exposure or noise differences. Take some initiative man, you can't expect people to do it all for you.

Unfortunately, I don't think sony agrees. IMO sony have their mind set on being the experimental brand and doing things differently, and to be honest having a mirror that flips up already exists, its called an SLR.

Maybe you should look at Pentax? I hear they have SLR's with moving mirrors. Maybe they would suit you better?

Already do, check the above photos thanks

Really having a SLT mirror that flips would allow PDAF during LV but thats about the only advantage.

You have noticed that your A33 has an EVF and no OVF, right?

I happen to have a camera with each VF type, and I have shot with 2 other SLT models as well. I can speak from experience of using both. As I said, have a reflex SLT mirror would allow LV with PDAF, whereas a standard reflex mirror would not. That is about the only advantage to a reflex SLT mirror. This was afteral the topic of the thread.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow