Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
probert500
Contributing MemberPosts: 976Gear list
Like?
rx1 - the elephant in the room
Oct 3, 2012

I use an nex 5n without the evf - I shoot waist level with the lcd flipped up and tension on the neckstrap for stability - I like it. I use a 5dmk2 in the traditional fashion via the viewfinder.

So here's a box (rx1) that seems a beauty but offers arms length lcd shooting as the only mode. The lcd doesn't even flip which seems strange in the year 2012.

Ok - they offer an optical viewfinder that should - for longer distance shots, have little parallax error . Essentially - you can correct me here - its a piece of glass that emulates the field of view of a 35mm lens. Sony wants $600.00 for this?

It's a vaguely accurate piece of glass for gods sake. Hell, it could just be a metal tube of the right size if they put their minds to it.

Am I whining b*tch to suggest that some method of carefully framing a shot should be included with a $2800 camera? The thing seems almost unusable without a further $600.00 investment.

I know it's small and pretty but this is an absurdity.

probert500's gear list:probert500's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R
Canon EOS 5D Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow