V1+lens 399 new. The free fall of the value continues...

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
jonikon
Senior MemberPosts: 4,871Gear list
Like?
Re: Functional Obsolescence is never a good deal
In reply to Adamant, Oct 3, 2012

Adamant wrote:

quezra wrote:

I wouldn't buy a N1 for anything over a cheap P&S until the dust settles and there's some indication what the future of the system is.

Why not? It's cheaper than premium p&s cameras right now and performs better. I'm basically treating the purchase the same way I would a p&s purchase. I don't care if Nikon never makes another lens for the N1. I would still be perfectly happy with the V1 for $379. Being able to get the upcoming 18.5mm f/1.8 for $185 later this year is just icing on the cake.

I'm thinking along the same lines. And the fact the the V1 shares the same battery as my D7000 and will take my DX Nikon lenses with the FT-1 F-Mount Adapter is a big plus as well.

Indeed, if Nikon had released a large p&s camera with blazing PD autofocus and a 1" sensor for $379 at Photokina, it would have been front page news on DPReview.

I agree, and my hope is that Nikon will produce a truly pocket-able camera like the Sony RX100 with a 1" sensor, but with PDAF on sensor focusing instead of just CDAF. Even "blazing fast" CDAF just can't track a moving object. Jut not possible.

• Jon

jonikon's gear list:jonikon's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D5100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow