Couple more from my makeshift studio

Started Oct 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
car99r
New MemberPosts: 20Gear list
Like?
Re: Couple more from my makeshift studio
In reply to Henry Stamm, Oct 3, 2012

Henry Stamm wrote:

I'm glad your model liked the photos. That said, the first pose is not that flattering to her and only her eyes appear to be in good focus. She could lower her legs slightly & still position her arms & hands to cover what she doesn't want exposed; this would alleviate the "blockiness" that the pose actually creates. Although I tend to like relatively flat lighting, this is too flat. It would be better to create some slight shadows on one side or the other. Why only the eyes in focus on the business card shot?
--
http://hestamm.smugmug.com

Thank you for the feedback on the first shot. I agree.

The softness was not on purpose for the business card shot. I was meaning I cropped it that tight for the business card. I have only been doing photography for about 1 year and this was only the 2nd time I ever shot in the studio I put together. This shoot and the other shoot were back to back. Hence the mixed lighting comments. I was using shop lights to light the background and obviously more noticeable to a trained eye cmopared to mine... haha

car99r's gear list:car99r's gear list
Nikon D3100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow