Why no Panorama option in GF or G Series?

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Regular MemberPosts: 221
Like?
my experience
In reply to Bob Tullis, Oct 3, 2012

I love my m4/3rds gear (OMD) but one feature I definitely wish it could do is in camera pano. I recently printed a series of in camera stitched panorama shots of a golf course in 2m by 1m canvas and they turned out great. These were taken using the Fuji Xpro1.....In this case it would have been almost impossible to use a tripod to take a series of shots as I was on a 3m ladder mounted on a golf cart!

The first implementation of this feature that I had experience with was the Sony HX5 and it produced nice shots but not really usable for large prints. With the Fuji the files come out around 5mb each and with minimal amount of color correction, touch up etc on the computer the files are ready to be printed.

Agreed with a previous poster that it takes a little time to get use to the speed of sweep etc. Also granted the maximum print size will be around what I did but for an in camera function it has simplified the process no end with very usable results!

Bottom line is thank goodness I have a tri camera set up as they are all useful with strengths and weaknesses that compliment each other.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow