Time to ditch the DSLR?

Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
satureyes
Regular MemberPosts: 460Gear list
Like?
Re: Time to ditch the DSLR?
In reply to jorge rubia, Oct 3, 2012

I think you're right- and def a good answer. I have not really kitted out my 5dII with rigs etc because I had a feeling something's just around the corner and that something may (just may) be the M. If the video output will cut the grade then it's going to make it a very tempting proposition to lots of us..

And to all the naysayers and the stalwarts of rangefinder goodness, it's ok if there is a. Video option. These are the days we live in. You don't have to use it. Or be offended by it. For some of us who are embracing multi spilling and multi disciplinary shooting then this is a great thing. If you're upset about the aesthetics of a butto that you dont have to press n then perhaps you need to visit a yoga retreat.

Anyway. I think it seems to be that I'll sit tight and see what real world samples look like. I don't care. Too much for shots down streets at night or some Japanese trees waving in the wind. Proper results will come with time and ill re-evaluate then.

For now.. I'll squeeze another 50,000 shots from my trusty kit and see where the road takes me.

-- hide signature --

feed | your | minds | eye
http://www.satureyes.com
twitter: @satureyes

satureyes's gear list:satureyes's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M9 Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow