Full blown photo editing... for iOS

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
graybalanced
Senior MemberPosts: 3,765
Like?
Re: Full blown photo editing... for iOS
In reply to Tom_N, Oct 3, 2012

I stand very corrected. I'm still on the iPad 2, so I wasn't thinking of the Retina display. The point about it only being a 10" screen still stands, though, because you couldn't actually use the iPad screen as if it was a 2048x1536 desktop monitor because everything would be too small; Retina technology uses the additional pixels mainly to add detail, not work area. The higher resolution does allow a modest increase in workspace up to the point that things get too small for one's eyes.

Tom_N wrote:

graybalanced wrote:

The iPad screen is IPS, yet you cannot calibrate it at present, and you will be stuck with 1024x768 resolution. That was the typical desktop resolution of like 10+ years ago...most serious photo apps assume there's more editing area to work with.

The iPad 3 has a resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels, on a 9.7 inch screen. Full HDTV resolution is 1920 x 1080 pixels, and typical 24" computer monitor resolution is only about 1920 x 1080 or 1920 x 1200 pixels.

It's true that the iPad 3 doesn't have a large screen, relative to laptops and desktops, and for full-blown image editing (of RAW files, in a full-PhotoShop-like tool at that!) you would want a large screen. But the screen is high-resolution.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow