Selling pictures with un-recognizable faces etc....

Started Oct 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
WTarcher77
Regular MemberPosts: 213
Like?
Selling pictures with un-recognizable faces etc....
Oct 2, 2012

I have been working myself into a position of being able to sell my pictures to publications etc... I finally have the equipment that allows me to fill that dream.

I recently took some shots of a cattle round-up. I have some REALLY nice shots of a cowboys' back as he rides up to the herd. I also have pictures of the round-up, where all the faces of the cowboys & cowgirls, are MOSTLY obscured by the dust of the cattle and horses.

Do I need permission from these folks to sell these pictures?

I am not trying to get out of releases etc... my problem is, I do not know who any of the riders are. I happened across the whole thing by chance, and was verbally given permission to shoot pictures of them.

At what point is a release a necessity...?

I do have an email address for one of the gals who was part of the round-up. I asked 5 or 6 of the folks for an email, to send some of the pictures to them, and NONE had one (ahhhh ... for simple country life). Finally someone pointed two younger gals out, & told me to go talk with them.

I plan on emailing her. Do I request releases right from the start..... or how would you handle this. My main problem is, this happened 70 miles from where I live.
I really don't know if I would ever get a release back from some of the riders.

Am I stuck..... or what...??

Thank you for any responses

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow