Started Sep 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
reps2
Contributing MemberPosts: 680Gear list
Like?
Re: What?
In reply to primeshooter, Oct 2, 2012

primeshooter wrote:

reps2 wrote:

The photographer in this case has, fairly obviously, not come up front and shewn his face, or his camera & lens, and I'd assume that he'd have stripped the Exif, even if "Closer" didn't do the same.

Leaving the ethical aspect aside, what lens, weighing how much, will have been needed for this sort of job? I have an old Soviet 1000mm mirror lens, of the variety that was used on the Inner German Border, but it certainly won't show me a breast (or two) at the range suggested?
--
Richard

What are you on about? Read what you wrote back and pretend I can't read your mind, then consider re-writing it please!

English, I fear is not your first language?

I said that it was obvious to me that the photographer wouldn't identify himself, simply because this might make difficulties for him in the future.

I then asked, leaving aside the ethical considerations, for suggestions as to what sort of glass would get usable images at about 1km range.

The canon 5200mm which someone more helpful than you has suggested (with youtube clip) is interesting, but suggests that the photographer would have needed a Somalia style "mechanical" truck with the lens mounted in place of the 12.7mm machine gun. Interesting. I guess well out of my price range (for wild, non human, life)!

-- hide signature --

Richard

reps2's gear list:reps2's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow