Beginner/Hobbyist - D800 a good move?

Started Oct 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
itcrashed
Regular MemberPosts: 151Gear list
Like?
Re: Beginner/Hobbyist - D800 a good move?
In reply to Pradipta Dutta, Oct 2, 2012

Pradipta Dutta wrote:

I don't think it will be a good idea.

There are some serious technique adherence one needs to adopt to get the best out of D800. E.g., unless one has really good hand holding technique, it is extremely hard to get a sharp image even with the inverse focal length rule. Even on a tripod, it is a difficult to get critical sharpness without mirror lock-up. There are many other such quirks. I wouldn't recommend a D800 to a beginner.

-- hide signature --

I have to respectfully disagree with Pradipta. If you are a beginner, I am of the philosophy that if you buy only what you need, you will soon outgrow it. If you buy more than you need, you can grow into it and have more opportunity to learn more advanced features.

It sounds like you have the budget to purchase the D800, so why not buy one of the best cameras on the market?

Sure, your "noob" technique will probably yield less than adequate results, but this camera will certainly make you learn quick!

itcrashed's gear list:itcrashed's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow