Started Oct 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
philmar
Senior MemberPosts: 1,922Gear list
Like?
Interesting photo sites near Las vegas
Oct 2, 2012

I'm headed to Vegas this weekend and have convinced the wife we need to make a 1 day excursion. I've been to the North Rim and am considering the South Rim.

However, I did a Zion NP- Bryce Canyon - Capitol Reef NP- Arches NP- Monument Valley - Grand Canyon trip in 2001 and don't feel the allure of a single day trip to the South Rim to experience it in harsh midday light.

But I'm anxious to leave Vegas and see some scenery (I live in a city of 4 million people so I'd like a little scenery). I've seen red Rock canyon.

Other than Hoover Dam are there any interesting stops along the way between Vegas and the South Rim?

Any small dusty Mormon towns worthy of 10 minute's culture shock? Native indian settlements similar the Hopi Reserves near Monument?

What about Lake ead? I've seen many interesting images of it but don't know if those interesting locations are close to the Vegas-South rim route? And because I've seen Grand Canyon before and plan to return for a longer trip maybe there are interesting part of Lake Mead that i could devote myself to (and save Grand Canyon for later)?

Much obliged pardner!
--
-----------------
Phil M. - Toronto, Canada

Time to kill? Then have a look at a few of my photos, including one published by National Geographic : http://www.flickriver.com/photos/phil_marion/sets/

philmar's gear list:philmar's gear list
Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow