Started Oct 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JohnnyFiama
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Beginner/Hobbyist - D800 a good move?
Oct 2, 2012

I'm expecting a reasonable amount of flack over this thread, particularly since without question I fall into that so called "noob" category.

However I've been contemplating this purchase for (in excess of) 12 months, performing much research along the way. And so to the nub of my question, am I out of my mind to purchase the D800 without first gaining some hands on experience with more conservatively priced alternatives?

I should mention that I've tried to enter into the world of photography once before, back in my early twenties. However the 4MP Fujifilm DSLR look-alike was far from inspiring and generally left me desiring greater control.

My proposed purchase includes the much acclaimed Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8G ED lens and probably a decent 50mm prime. Future budget allowing I would like to splash out on a Nikkor 14-24 since I'm hopefully going to focus on (excuse the pun) landscapes and night-time city shots.

Thoughts, laughter and otherwise constructive criticism is most welcome.

Cheers

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow