V1+lens 399 new. The free fall of the value continues...

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
MrSkelter
Contributing MemberPosts: 633
Like?
Re: V1+lens 399 new. The free fall of the value continues...
In reply to myzel, Oct 2, 2012

myzel wrote:

I think a DX and FX mirror-less system will be part of Nikons strategy in the not so distant future, but I think it won't replace the Nikon 1 system. Such a system will replace the Nikon dSLRs and this is why it won't happen over night or within the next few months. I don't think that it will have an F-mount (but it surely will have a F-mount adapter).

The DSLR isn't going anywhere. There's no need. Professionals don't need smaller. They'll just become less and less mainstream.

FF mirrorless will arrive. I suspect Nikon and Canon will allow another player (Sony) to test the water and then respond. Their legacy userbase with F lenses make it safe to come to that party late.

What would be more radical would be a new lens standard and possibly a new (square?) sensor.

The vicious drop suggests to me that a V2 (maybe a V3 given the V2-missile connection) is going to be announced before the end of the year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-1_flying_bomb
I think the next EVF Nikon 1 camera will be called V2.

The V1 was just the V - Vengeance weapon when it was invented. It was called #1 when #2 arrived, just like the 'First' World War. Tenuous but worth sharing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow