OM-D and FL-14... am I missing something?

Started Oct 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rick_Hunter
Regular MemberPosts: 438Gear list
Like?
Re: OM-D and FL-14... am I missing something?
In reply to azazel1024, Oct 2, 2012

azazel1024 wrote:

Make sure the flash is fully seated. Give it a good push. If it is only partially seated only the main contact and the side grounds will connect and that forces the flash to fire at full output (and occasionally missfire). The small communication contacts will only engage if the flash is fully seated.

I still manage to do that with my OM-D E-M5 and Fl300r flash occasionally.
--

Many things dealing with Olympus and their OM and Pen cameras, plus my general photography and musings http://omexperience.wordpress.com/

Thanks for the input but this isn't the case. The flash is fully seated. I have no misfires, either. THe one thing I can't accomplish is gaining manual control over the flash light output.

When I use the OM-D's clip on flash, I can gain manual control of it trough the SCP, but with the FL-14 I can't seem to do that, no matter what mode I set on the flash itself. (manual / auto / TTL)

Rick_Hunter's gear list:Rick_Hunter's gear list
Nikon D3S Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow