Started Oct 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rawmeister
Regular MemberPosts: 271
Like?
SPP 5.3.2 CA correction
Oct 2, 2012

Just updated from SPP 5.2.1 to 5.3.2 and found the CA correction tool for raw conversions from Merrill Raw files. I thought wow - this is great. But I was so Wrong!

First - the Lens profile mode when used on files made with the SD1m and 24-70 OS HSM simply does not work at all. The CA is simply NOT corrected.

When I use the manual mode I can get it corrected fine but the resolution on the slider is so rough that there is very little control. Don't they test this stuff before they release it? Is it programers or real photographers that test it? Probably neither.
Anyways, so I can get manual to work but the time wasted is astonishing.

First, after waitng 15 seconds to open the xf3, I have to switch to HIRES mode which takes over 1 minute.

Then I do the CA adjustment and another minute is wasted waiting for the render. Then you check the results and apply a further refinement - guess what? another minute to see the results! Want to try another blue setting - another minute to see that result, and if you don't like it, another minute to go back to where u were! This is of no use to anybody. You can't save profiles. WTF?

It is 100% useless feature that software people who write it have no idea what is useful and what is not. Total Junk.

Im so fed up with stuff like this Im ready to sell/dump the SD1M, the 8-16, the 24-70 OS, and the 10MMFE.

I like the Foveon no AA filter results but the lenses and the software are so whack that I cant stand it anymore. Lower right corner on my 24-70 is so smudged at f5.0 that it's unacceptable. Sick of returning lenses to Sigm and being returned with some modest/ not much diff adjustment was made.
I give up.
Gonna dump the Sigma stuff and add a 6D and a couple lenses to my Canon stable.

Think I'll dump the crappy Canon 16-35II while I'm at it. That's another piece of useless garbage. Can't get decent corners on a 5D2 except at 20 - 25mm.
It's like buying used cars out there, cept this stuff is new! lmao.
Buyers BEWARE.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5 Sigma SD1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow