How many Owners of D800 would sell and buy a D4?

Started Oct 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
chipmaster
Regular MemberPosts: 494Gear list
Like?
Re: How many Owners of D800 would sell and buy a D4?
In reply to larrywilson, Oct 2, 2012

+1

Some need/want an Hummer others a Porsche.... What do you really hope to get with this ?

For me after few test drives the 10/11 FPS was more interesting than pixels/resizing etc. etc. etc. Yes for 3,000 more that was more important!

I have to admit the D3s to D4 was very incremental but still enough to seduce me

I owned the d3s for a couple years. I rented a d800 for a week to see if I wanted to purchase it and it did not suit my style of photography. I shoot a lot of wildlife, mostly birds and bif.

I don't print big and needed a fast frame camera to be used with my long telephoto lens. I sold my d3s and bought the d4 and haven't looked back. I love the additional exterior button for changing setting fast, the d4 feels better in my hands and balances better with my Nikon 500 on a tripod. If I don't crop too much, then the 16 mp's is plenty for me.

Larry

chipmaster's gear list:chipmaster's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow