ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hemiola
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
Canon 6D specs & features - I wish they were kidding
Oct 2, 2012

Hi,

Just had a look at the preview and I was wondering if I'm the only one who doesn't get it.

First off, thank you Canon for the GPS and wi-fi, those are really cool features!

I mean who needs idiotic crap like built-in flash (maybe D600 or D800), or decent continuous shooting speed?! What's next I wonder, upload to flickr in real time? automatic tagging on facebook?

I'm struggling to guess the targeted market segment, is it geared towards instagram users who want to get serious?

If I wanted to upgrade my 60D for instance, I would pay more than 1000$ price difference, and yet downgrade the continuous shooting speed (and minimum shutter speed), not to mention the missing built-in flash. Add to that the fact that many Canon lenses do not work on a full frame sensor body, and the temptation to switch camps altogether becomes almost a necessity.

Yes, you do get a full frame sensor, although I wouldn't hold my breath with regards to high ISO performance. It's a bit comical they expanded the range to 102400, will it take acceptable pictures at ISO 12800 even?
Quoting Andy Westlake:

"Whereas Nikon seems to have taken the approach of taking away as little as possible from D800 when creating the D600, Canon appears almost to have gone the other way, removing as much as it thinks it can get away with at the price."

Well, they won't get away, not with me at least.
Do you feel the same way?

Cheers,

Al

P.S. 60D wasn't my first Canon camera, but will almost certainly be my last.

Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 6D Nikon D600 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DaftNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow