ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AC Gounaris
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Buying decision HELP: NEX-7 or NEX-6
Oct 2, 2012

Hi everyone!

I have been flirting with the NEX system for a while and then I went and bought the D7000 instead. However, I haven't been using it much (I use my Lumix LX5 instead) due to its size. So, I am considering selling both (actually giving the LX5 to my daughter) and getting ONE camera to cover my needs.

To get an idea of what kind of shooting I like to do, you can check my gallery here:
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/7450388083

I think that both the NEX6 and NEX7 will cover my needs / wants, but I am not sure which one I sould get. Here are a few of the things that I am concerned with:

• The 7 has a higher pixel count than the 6, but do I really need it?

• The 7 is already tried and tested and has passed with flying colors, while the 6 sounds good on paper but has not been tested yet.

• The Hybrid AF sounds good, but do I really need it? Will it be implemented well enough?

• The 7 is available now, whereas I will have to wait for the 6, until it becomes available in Greece.

• The PZ 16-50 sounds great when compared to the much larger 18-55 (after all, that's the reason I am changing gear, right?)

• Like the idea of the TriNavi, but I am not sure if it's better or worse than the 6's arrangement.

• THe 7 is more expensive but I can pick one up on ebay now for less than $900, whereas the 6 I can only buy new.

I guess one idea would be to get the 7 used now with either the CZ 24 f/1.8 or the macro 30 f/3.5 (I like to shoot macro) and wait for the PZ 16-50 when it becomes available. That would give me the overall small size (16-50 vs 18-55) at the expense of Hybrid AF and any other goodies that the 6 brings with it. Another idea would be to wait for the 6 and get it then.

I'm confused... Any help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance pepple:)

AC Gounaris's gear list:AC Gounaris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +2 more
Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow