I'd like to have an SLT-mirror that flips up during the shot

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Luebke
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Re: I'd like to have an SLT-mirror that flips up during the shot
In reply to Dirk W, Oct 2, 2012

Dirk W wrote:

Well, Jesper, people who know a little about photography know that only low light situations are relevant for ISO and noise issues. If there is enough light, almost any camera can produce decent IQ. I thought people in this forum have at least basic knowledge in photography and therefore did not mention this expressly. But, hey, I know, you don't understand, and as said: ask somebody else to explain it for you.

I guess everybody is seeing you point. In low light situations low noise and more light loss in the camera helps.

But that is completely irrelevant in this discussion. Letting the mirror inside a SLT flip just does not make any sense at all. Just because you want that extra bit of light does not make it more reasonable. There are economic and technical limitations you can not overcome today. If low light situations are so important for you why buying Sony in the first place?

SLT is a technology with a small halflife and will eventually replaced by on sensor PDAF in the near future. Nonetheless it is quite good atm even though it has some flaws.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow