Photo Processing Computer

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Colweb
Regular MemberPosts: 254Gear list
Like?
Re: Photo Processing Computer
In reply to pavi1, Oct 2, 2012

pavi1 wrote:

That is an interesting observation. I have never had a Pro version except at work and do not have the knowledge to know what I am missing at home. Several different IT guys have said the Pro version is not needed if you are never on a network. What are the advantages of the Pro version that I would benefit from?

Skipper494 wrote:

NEVER buy a 'Home' OS, they are always crippled. Get Win 7 Pro 64-bit.

For a machine that is used at home and isn't on a network you don't need a pro version. But there are things a home version can't do. See for the main differences between the Windows 7 version here: http://www.softwareok.com/?seite=faq-Win-7&faq=21

The specs you give are more then sufficient to process photo's. I'm processing my D7000 raw files on a 8 year old P4 - 3200Mhz machine with only 2GB RAM. Doesn't go fast, but even that machine can do it.
Yours is so fast, you probably have to slow it down

-- hide signature --

The only way forward is .... forward.

Colweb's gear list:Colweb's gear list
Sony Mavica CD300 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow