Tell Me How the Canon Forum Convinced Me To Buy FZ200

Started Sep 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Paalar
Forum MemberPosts: 96Gear list
Like?
Re: Tell Me How the Canon Forum Convinced Me To Buy FZ200
In reply to Monicakm, Oct 2, 2012

Let's put things in perspective...

The Panasonic community was very anxious when the Fz200 came out, because their expectations were broken back when the Fz100 arrived - a camera that had a respectable performance, but wasn't the improved-in-every-department that many thought it would be.

So, naturally, people are nervous and jittery here in the Panasonic forum, lest the same thing should turn out to be true for the Fz200. Luckily, that's not the case. The FZ200 is a solid performer, with better IQ than many super-zooms.

At the pixel-peeper level, things are allways debatable, and oppinions vary, so don't let that scare you away.

As to inndoor shooting - does it matter what camera you use to post on Facebook? Or to make that framed enlargement of the kids at play for Granny for Christmas? No, I honestly don't think so. Owning a collection of cameras, I find I routinely grab the one that I know will get the job done that's easiest to handle. More often than not, it's the Fz200.

Paalar's gear list:Paalar's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow