I'd like to have an SLT-mirror that flips up during the shot

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
theswede
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,936Gear list
Like?
Re: I'd like to have an SLT-mirror that flips up during the shot
In reply to Dirk W, Oct 2, 2012

Dirk W wrote:

I am talking about low-light situations naturligvist, as one would assume.

Assume? Why would one assume that? No. I would assume that when you talk IQ, you talk IQ. Not a narrow subset of IQ. Nothing in your OP talks about low light. Nothing in your explanation about how higher exposure leads to higher IQ talks about low light.

If all of your flailing is because you want 1/3 stop less noise in low light situations only you're wasting everyone's time. Both people who need that extra 1/3 stop simply buy another camera. Most people don't, and therefore couldn't care less about getting a more expensive, more fragile, heavier camera with inferior performance simply to be able to get slightly shorter shutter times in corner cases in low light.

Because the difference between slowing the shutter (or opening the aperture) by 1/3 stop and removing the SLT mirror is none. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

You're talking about spending hundreds of dollars to be able to go from about 1/60 shutter to about 1/100 shutter in low light.

You're arguing for an insane position.

Jesper

theswede's gear list:theswede's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Sony SLT-A37 Sony 50mm F1.4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow