I'd like to have an SLT-mirror that flips up during the shot

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Luebke
Forum MemberPosts: 79
Like?
Re: I'd like to have an SLT-mirror that flips up during the shot
In reply to Dirk W, Oct 2, 2012

Dirk W wrote:

If you take available light pictures in dark environments which is a compromise between IQ and ISO it makes quite a difference. The EVF is great for this because it enhances the light, and getting the maximum ISO performance would make sense.

What are you trying to tell? Better IQ is better? Might be true but the camera you are dreaming of is impossible and will never be build.

You are trying to convince people that a SLT with flipping mirror would produce less noise than SLTs. That does not matter because such a camera is impossible. You might be able to overcome the physical/technical problems to a certain degree but it won't make any sense from an economic standpoint.

You want no mirror in the pathway of the light during the exposure?
Buy a NEX or a DSLR.

You want no mirror but A-Mount lenses and AF?
Buy a NEX and a LA-EA1 (I know it's crappy).

You want no mirror, A-Mount lenses and PDAF?
Buy an a580.

Besides that I believe that the real life advantage of that concept is really small. I don't see how 1/3 f-stop and a little bit of noise can limit your photography.

You could call sony and talk about the flipping mirror concept. Maybe nobody at Sony thought about this and they hire you as the new head of the research.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow