Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Geoff Coupe
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Re: DAM software replacement for IDImager
In reply to thelordsmurf, Oct 2, 2012

thelordsmurf wrote:

1. Hierarchical keywords

2. Automatic compatibility with XML (and IPTC I guess; which of those do Facebook and Flickr use?) for the keywords and such (and to treat the City, State, Country, Location fields as keywords too)
3. Ability to export to Facebook and Flickr
4. Ability to run searches (5 star pictures of me without person X, etc.)

I had recently been using Picasa for face recognition and then importing that data into IDI; if there is some way to do that it would be great.

Also since my current DAM is IDI, if the new DAM software can import my images and recreate a hierarchical keyword structure that would be nice but I am willing to spend the time to recreate it if it will at least import all the keywords.

To answer your questions...

Photo Supreme has:

1. Hierarchical keywords - Yes, and you can choose your delimiter character ( / \ . | )for both reading and writing metadata.

2. Automatic compatibility with XML and IPTC - Yes. Built-in support for IPTC Core, Additional, Extension, Plus and also support for technical (exif) info in XMP.

3. Ability to export to Facebook and Flickr - Yes, plus Picasaweb, Smugmug, Zenfolio, FTP and email

4. Ability to run searches - Yes. Built-in searches on the Catalog properties and state, plus ability to build dynamic searches on Catalog properties.

It's possible to move your present IDI database across into Photo Supreme, to be up and running very quickly. However, I decided to recreate a new database Catalog from scratch by importing my images (and their metadata) into Photo Supreme, and recreated the Catalog hierarchy from that.

-- hide signature --

Geoff Coupe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow