Circumcision

Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Roger99
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,640
Like?
Re: John Harvey Kellogg and the real reason for circumcision
In reply to RobertSigmund, Oct 2, 2012

RobertSigmund wrote:

From the wikipedia article on Kellogg, one of the men responsible for circumcision becoming a common practice in the USA:

"Warfare with passion"

He was an especially zealous campaigner against masturbation; this was an orthodox view during his lifetime, especially the earlier part. Kellogg was able to draw upon many medical sources' claims such as "neither the plague, nor war, nor small-pox, nor similar diseases, have produced results so disastrous to humanity as the pernicious habit of onanism," credited to one Dr. Adam Clarke. Kellogg strongly warned against the habit in his own words, claiming of masturbation-related deaths "such a victim literally dies by his own hand," among other condemnations. He felt that masturbation destroyed not only physical and mental health, but the moral health of individuals as well. Kellogg also believed the practice of this "solitary-vice" caused cancer of the womb, urinary diseases, nocturnal emissions, impotence, epilepsy, insanity, and mental and physical debility; "dimness of vision" was only briefly mentioned.

Drastic measures

Kellogg worked on the rehabilitation of masturbators, often employing extreme measures, even mutilation, on both sexes. He was an advocate of circumcising young boys to curb masturbation and applying phenol (carbolic acid) to a young woman's clitoris. In his Plain Facts for Old and Young, he wrote:

“A remedy which is almost always successful in small boys is circumcision, especially when there is any degree of phimosis. The operation should be performed by a surgeon without administering an anesthetic, as the brief pain attending the operation will have a salutary effect upon the mind, especially if it be connected with the idea of punishment, as it may well be in some cases. The soreness which continues for several weeks interrupts the practice, and if it had not previously become too firmly fixed, it may be forgotten and not resumed."

That guy really needed to get him some.

One classic device associated with his methods (I think he created it but I'm not sure) was a ring to be worn on the member while the owner was asleep that had four sharp spikes around it pointing inwards so that if the member stiffened during sleep it would awaken the sleeper giving them a chance to dowse it with ice cold water.

Roger99 wrote:
LMFAO, touche. (Don't we all?)

Starshot wrote:
I think of you

Brian D. Schneider wrote:

Starshot wrote:

I'm proudly in tact. I couldn't imagine masturbation without it.

Always thought you were a bit of a w-nker.
--
Brian Schneider

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

-- hide signature --

The one serious conviction one should hold is that nothing should be taken too seriously.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it. -Aristotle
..oh, and I see by the lack of responses that I am right yet again.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
goodNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow