HVL-58AM flash - why is high speed sync disabled in bounce mode on body only?

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
KGIOR
Regular MemberPosts: 125
Like?
Re: HVL-58AM flash - why is high speed sync disabled in bounce mode on body only?
In reply to Shield3, Oct 2, 2012

A small tidbit of info hear. You may already now this but if you look at the flash foot you will see a small plastic tab/button under the side rail next to the contacts (not the locking pin in the front). When mounted on a body that tab is pushed in and that lets the flash now that it is mounted on a body. Off camera shoes and stands have a notch in them that lets the tad remain extended letting the flash now that it is not mounted to a body. This triggers some different functions from different flashes. In the old Minolta days my first Minolta flash would lose its distance scale when mounted to a flash bracket directly above the lens. I took a small piece of tissue and tape, filled the whole in the off camera shoe and the flash behave exactly as it would when on the camera. I realize that there is probably nothing here that will help your HSS issue, I thought that I would share this just FYI.

Ken

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow