Started Oct 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
carlos roncatti
Senior MemberPosts: 2,662Gear list
Like?
So, the question is...
Oct 2, 2012

who is buying the 1 system? correct me if im wrong, but the J1 is a success, isn't?
and now the V1 is selling for 400usd, half the original price.
so nikons strategy was to aim those compact consumers who dont want a dsrl?
is that it?

if so, probably it did work. but the (second) question is: for how long? now you have the RX100 with a better sensor than the 1 system, and nikon apparently is a bit slow on releasing lenses (on purpose maybe?)

and dsrl users (including nikon ones, like me) that want a small camera, where to look for? sony, panasonic, smasung, oly and so on?

so is this strategy good on a long term? is nikon selling to compact users only? which market would make more profit? aps-c mirrorless or smaller sensors?

the worst part is that the DX line (of course IMO) is lacking good small primes, like 24, 28, 35mm EQ lenses, so nikon users have no choice other than look somewhere else...so nikon is maybe selling to new consumers, but loosing their own customer base.

i can and probably am wrong, but i think aps-c dslr cameras will sell less and less on a mid term future...so nikon, what will you offer your loyal customers?

PS: please dont get me wrong, as i LOVE my D300 and wouldnt exchange for any other camera , but i need a good small body and lenses to carry everywhere, even if it is a d3200...but i need small lenses....

-- hide signature --

To understand photography, you must understand that the experience must be much more important than the result ....
Carlos Roncatti Bomfim
http://weweh.com/
because men and women are different and we humans are the same.

Nikon 1 J1 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D300 Nikon D3200 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow