Started Oct 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
boinkphoto
Contributing MemberPosts: 933Gear list
Like?
Of leaves and something else...
Oct 2, 2012

Well it's a good time of year round there parts, so naturally when you pass a scene you've got to take it.

That said, if you take it, maybe you want to process it with Silkypix , not Adobe.

Before I go on, here's the entire picture:

Now let's look closer with Silkypix:

Then Lightroom:

Ouch! Lightroom is definitely smearing those leaves!

Now that said, the first photo is the Lightroom output resized down for web viewing. Certainly it doesn't look too offensive. Will it be ugly when printed? Can't say, though probably if printed large it would be.

So, yes, it's definitely real. It doesn't seem to be a problem for people pics, but landscape is another thing.

I'm not sure at 100% Silkypix is all that lovely either, but it seems to preserve more real looking detail. I suspect it's a bit more sharpened here too (I admit this wasn't a careful test, however the difference is significant enough to not require high precision).

Finally don't take this as anti-X-Pro1 or even anti-Adobe. I love my X-Pro1 and it's not going anywhere. Similarly, Lightroom is so much easier to work in I'm going to use it as much as I can stand with the X-Pro1. Still let's hope that Adobe improves their algorithm (perhaps when adding X-E1 support)(that said, I'm not counting on it unfortunately)...

-- hide signature --
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow