Started Oct 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
myssvictoria
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,311Gear list
Like?
FZ200 Small Birds and a Cat
Oct 2, 2012

The birds were taken at a nearby lakeside park that contains protected wetlands. The Bewick's Wren was just off the main path. A flock of Bushtits was too far off the main path and moving further away. But I was able to get ahead of them, finding a fisherman's path where I found some partial cover in the shade of a large shrub. I wasn't very well concealed, standing there with a bright white jacket, but I tried to keep movement slow and to a minimum. FYI, Bewick's Wrens are 5" and Bushtits are really tiny things, about 4" bill to tail tip. All birds shot at 108mm (600) and a Nikon TC-E15ED was used for the Bushtits. The first two Bushtits were cropped and pp'd a bit on an iPad using Photogene.

Your comments, criticism, and especially helpful suggestions are welcomed.

Bewick's Wren ISO 200, f3.5, 1/250sec

Bushtit #1 ISO 160, f4, 1/1000sec

Bushtit #2 ISO 160, f4, 1/1600sec

Bushtit #3 ISO 160, f4, 1/2000sec

Bushtit #4 ISO 160, f4, 1/2000sec

And for cat lovers.

-- hide signature --

Vickie
Life was simpler before technology made life easier.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/myssvictoria/

myssvictoria's gear list:myssvictoria's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +7 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow