Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KNORL
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
My horrible experience with Cameta
Oct 1, 2012

My experience with Cameta has been horrible. I bought a so called refurbished Nikon 5100, which I was assured to be almost new and was a model camera. They also assured me that the camera is covered by a one year warranty so I should have no worries. Few months later, the shutter started malfunctioning. I called Cameta and I got an RMA to ship the camera for service. It has been 7 weeks now and everytime I call them they say that they are waiting for parts. I asked when the parts will arrive the answer is they do not know. Their reasoning is that parts have been on hold since last year at Nikon due to floods in Thailand. Well, if parts have been on hold for well over a year, why they didn't reveal this information when I purchased the refurbished camera? They sold me heavy on the fact that the camera has a year warranty, but never mentioned that parts have been unavailable for well over a year (Minor details), and if your camera will need repair you will be STUCK.

I asked for a loaner since my work has been on hold (I am a photography student) and they said they do not offer loaners. After asking for a date as to when they expect to have the camera repaired, they said they do not know. They simply told me that I am stuck and can do nothing but keep waiting for the parts to come off hold.

So, stay away from CAMETA or you will be STUCK like me.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow