Started Sep 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mike Fewster
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,010
Like?
Re: ISO, DR and DxO benchmarking explained
In reply to bobn2, Oct 1, 2012

bobn2 wrote:

Mike Fewster wrote:

Aren't you taking his statements here out of context?

No

He isn't giving a definition of ISO,

He defines something he calls 'sensor ISO'. It doesn't exist.

he is discussing the various ways it has been approached and why there is no objective industry standard.

There is an objective industry standard - it's called ISO 12232:2006.

You did take his comments out of context. He discusses that standard and why it is no longer appropriate and why he is using what he calls "sensor iso" idue to the deficieniecies in the "standard"

Further, if you had read the comments you would have found there had been a rather straightforward error, picked up by others that he acknowledged and corrected. I think his explanation looks good.

I make no claims to expertise in this field, I certainly haven't any. So I can't really distinguish between the correctness of the points raised. I do however have a very healthy respect for Cteins reputation and experience. I don't mean to be rude, but may I ask what your qualifications in this field are?

I'll wager better than his, but I don't want to get into a game of swapping PhD's and so on. If you con't really judge between the correctness of the points raised, don't try.
--
Bob

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow