any D800/E and 24/1.4 with good left focus points?

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AdamBAdam
Forum MemberPosts: 76
Like?
any D800/E and 24/1.4 with good left focus points?
Oct 1, 2012

I just received my D800E from Amazon, presumably from a somewhat recent batch of cameras, and the left AF issue is still present and to the same degree as it was 6 months ago when I purchased my D800 locally. The left AF points produce horribly out of focus images with the 24/1.4. I am not messing around with Nikon service as i've sent the D800 in twice and it's still not fixed, the last I heard from Nikon was to not send it in again as they don't have a fix for the problem. Although I don't care to prove to anyone the issues exists I will say that the lens has been to Nikon and was said to be fine, I use a sturdy tripod with good target, and the issue is not an over-expectation of AF performance.

So as I ponder exchanging this D800E vs getting a refund I figured I'd ask, does anyone have a D800/E that has working left focus points with the 24/1.4 ? This lens seems to exhibit the problem the worst out of perhaps all of Nikons current lenses and so i'm quite curious as to if anyone has this combo that can create in focus images with all of the PDAF points. Additionally, has anyone who has observed the left point problem exchanged the camera and gotten one that works?

Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow