Is the switch on? (Hogan on DX to m4/3 trend)

Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
arrakis99
Regular MemberPosts: 275
Like?
Re: The Switch? Not on.
In reply to BackInTheGame, Oct 1, 2012

BackInTheGame wrote:

Horshack wrote:

BackInTheGame wrote:

I don't disagree. ISO800 is now usable in those cameras. But why would you buy one now when the D5100 is usable up to ISO3200 and very, very good at ISO 1600? I could get to ISO1200 sometimes with the E-P3, but that won't cut it.

The D7000/D5100's advantage over the OM-D is about 2/3 stops per DxOMark's data on a SNR basis and 1/3 stop on a High ISO DR basis. Here's a OM-D ISO 6400 shot in tungsten lighting:
http://horshack.smugmug.com/photos/i-kwJhLxm/0/X2/i-kwJhLxm-X2.jpg

I see that a lot. In real use it felt like 2-1/2 stops. When you are scraping to get the noise out of an ISO1200 photo, even converting to B&W, because you are not going to ever get that shot again, you keep thinking, "Why didn't I bring the real camera?" Been there.

The truth is out there. My omd is a real camera! I thought that my d7000 was a real camera too but.. Too misfocused photos... A pain in calibrating lenses, color shift in high iso ... Well do yourself a favor: try an omd then you'll can judge yourself.

DSLRs design is old and complicated... Too many moving parts and tollerances...read the forums and you'll see how many people have troubles with phase detect af... Even the new d800 has some problem in af...

Anyway have a good night ...

Ciao!

-- hide signature --

Roy

-- hide signature --

Giulio Acerbi
Cameras: Olympus OM-D EM5 - Fujifilm X100 - Fujifilm X10
Prime lenses: Olympus 45mm f/1.8 - Panasonic 20mm f/1.7
Zoom lenses: Olympus 12-50

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow