A list of good/bad MFT lens for new owner?

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
mh2000
Senior MemberPosts: 2,683
Like?
Re: A list of good/bad MFT lens for new owner? (17mm vs 14mm)
In reply to jessicajp, Oct 1, 2012

I don't see this behavior in my actual usage of the two lenses. I put them both in roughly the same league and with the 20 and 45 noticably sharper at a pixel level, but prints from all can be hung next to each other and with the naked eye, none noticably blows away any of the other.

dunno, maybe I just got a great copy of the 17, but since I didn't see this vast (and widely publisized) improvement over my 17 with the 14 I tested my 14 against 2 more copied of the 14 with friends and confirmed that my 14 is as good as the other copies.

None of my friends have a 17 so I can't compare mine against anyone else'.

jessicajp wrote:

Jefftan wrote:

Is Olympus 17mm F2.8 a good lens?
Is it better or worse than Panasonice 14mm F2.5?

check out steve huffs review also and some of his test shots of the 14mm vs 17mm. This seems to confirm the general feelings around on the blogs and forums that the 14mm is better than the oly 17mm

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2011/02/16/the-panasonic-14mm-2-5-micro-43-lens-review-by-steve-huff/

I would also give a recommendations for
12mm f2 oly
14mm f2.5 lumix
20mm f1.7 lumix
25mm f1.4 leica/lumix
45mm f1.8 oly

I like both the 20mm and 25mm a lot. I own the 20mm and have borrowed a friend's 25mm several times. Both are great lenses. The 25mm is faster, heavier, better IQ, and more expensive. I will buy the 14mm very soon.

The original 14-45 lumix is a very good zoom, very sharp with nice contrast. but I find it's f3.5-5.6 too slow for what I like to shoot. I am not really a zoom shooter, but the new 12-35 f2.8 lumix is excellent (maybe best mFT zoom out there now), but it is a bit heavy and expensive.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow