Where are the weather sealed lenses? (E-M5)

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gregm61
Forum ProPosts: 13,970Gear list
Like?
Re: Where are the weather sealed lenses? (E-M5)
In reply to ThomCull, Oct 1, 2012

ThomCull wrote:

As a person who is in one hell of a predicament (my Canon has gone down, looking for a new compact system) I'm really intrigued by the E-M5 for hiking, fishing, canoeing etc... however it appears that the weather sealed designation is so far limited to the 12-50 and 60 macro (I think).

Micro specific lenses from Olympus, you are correct. The Panasonic 12-35mm f2.8 is also splash and dust-proof, and many of the Olympus four-thirds lenses, such as the 12-60 f2.8-4, 14-54 f2.8-3.5, the 11-22 f2.8-3.5, both the 50-200 f2.8-3.5 among several are all similarly gasketed and can be used with the sealed MMF-3 adapter. Of course, they're all substanitally bigger and do not AF at the same speed as the micro lenses. I owned several of them and have sold most off for that very reason after deciding to move from the DSLR system to micro four-thirds.

This past Saturday I walked the Arboretum in a pouring rain with the E-M5 and the 12-50. Even with a pancho on, I was drenched after 3 hours and so was the E-M5 and 12-50, with no problems.
--
"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

Gregm61's gear list:Gregm61's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow