ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mr_Zuiko
Forum MemberPosts: 85
Like?
My humble E-1 is mightier than my Canon Eos1D mk1
Oct 1, 2012

Hi all,

I've been shooting with Olympus gear for years now from film to digital and still have the E-1 as my main camera,but i also have a Canon 1D mk1 simply because it can do things that the E-1 can't,i'm not here to start a brand war etc but wanted to let you all know just how great the weather sealing is on the E-1 compared to the 1D which i have found out to my cost! i'll explain........recently been on holiday to the south of france which i took 3 camera's with me including the E-PL1 amazing little camera but that's another story and forum!Drove to Cannes decided to take the 1D with a 50mm boy what a mistake that was! It poured down we were all soaked through including the 1D,i thought thats ok it has weather sealing too being a pro body,held the camera down because the 50mm isn't sealed so only the back of camera got wet.

Turned it on and nothing,dead not good...took the battery out dried the camera off still dead,by now i was wishing that i had the E-1 with me as this has been out with me in much heavier rain and never missed a beat!.

To cut a long story short i took the 1D to my local repair shop they are hopefull that not all is lost i did all the correct things even let it sit outside in the sun to dry off,so now it's a waiting game to hear the good or bad news when they call,So a big THANKYOU to Olympus for producing such an camera with BETTER weather seals than Canon.Lesson learnt if it's wet outside out come's my faithfull E-1.

Happy shooting.
Ash.

Canon EOS-1D Olympus E-1 Olympus PEN E-PL1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow