Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alan Brown
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,670Gear list
Like?
Meike grip... before i make a fool of myself
Oct 1, 2012

I purchased one used with the knowledge that the AA holder was not 100% but the EN-EL15 holder was fine.

I, presently, only have one EN-EL15 battery and I thought I would try it in the grip.. thinking it would work with one absent from the body. It doesn't. (I don't have any AA batteries to hand at the moment to try the AA holder either)

Can someone state whether you 'have' to have a battery in the body or not for the grip to work with EN-EL15s? Perhaps there is something on the camera that should be set first with the battery in the body. I know there are settings in the D group for type of AA battery but I'm not using them.

All of the functions of the grip work with just my one and only EN-EL15 (in the body). I'ts great for handholding vertically and is light with nothing in it and gives a bit more for the hand to grasp onto.

pointers appreciated.

-- hide signature --

There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.' :'!':

Alan Brown's gear list:Alan Brown's gear list
Nikon 1 J2 Nikon D600 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow