Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tomas_X
Regular MemberPosts: 154
Like?
D400/D7100 questionnaire
Oct 1, 2012

Please, photographers who are waiting for the new DX high-end camera, select one letter and one number of the possibilities:

A. I am DX user, I would like switch to FX, FX is better in most/all characteristics of course, but I do not have / do not want to spend enough money and I am waiting for cheaper FX or I slowly reserve money and now I use DX.

B. I am DX user and I want to stay DX user only for a long time, because DX platform is better for me, I do not need FX characteristics for most of the time and DX is lighter, smaller, cheaper and I have lenses for DX and I am satisfied with them, of course, Nikon should make some new DX lenses, for instance DX 24/1.8 or other lenses.

C. I am DX and FX user, I use DX for use with teleobjectives or as the backup body or as the travel body and I am waiting for new high-end DX body, I want to hold both platforms in the future.

1. I am waiting for the new high-end DX camera, I prefere the image quality and D7100 will be the right DX high-end. It can have D7000 body, it must have the best sensor and it can have higher framerate, but it is not absolute requirement, it can have AF modul from D7000/D600

2. I am waiting for the new high-end DX camera, I will be satisfied with D7000 body in the new D7100 camera, but D7100 must have the best DX sensor, the high framerate, big buffer and autofocus from D4/D800/D300s cameras

3. I am waiting for D400 only - it must have D300s body, D4/D800/D300s autofocus, high framerate, big buffer and today's best image quality. (Of course, the name is not importaint, but characteristics must be "D400".)

4. I am satisfied with my D300/D300s or D7000 now, I do not plan to upgrade in the near future, but I want to know the Nikon DX direction, because I am affraid of my investments in the lenses.

B-3 for me.

Nikon D300 Nikon D300S Nikon D4 Nikon D40 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
B-3New
B-3New
C-3New
B3New
B3New
B-3New
B3New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow