Attn D800 and D600 users (battery issue)

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
primeshooter
Senior MemberPosts: 2,155
Like?
Attn D800 and D600 users (battery issue)
Oct 1, 2012

If you are getting terrible battery performance on either camera, please check in your camera menu under "Battery Age" info tab. It should read 0 out of 4. If your camera is relatively new and is already at stage 1 you have a problem. My particular camera was showing this less than 1,000 shots in to using it and I was experiencing terrible battery performance. Replaced under warranty (battery only of course) it's now great and giving a normal 0 readout.

This issue seems to be quite rare - but I have came across a few folks on here and off of these forums who have had the issue. So best to do a quick check particularly if you are getting bad battery life as it can be fixed under warranty (although you will have to send it in to them).

If you do send it off to them, be particular about the problem. I wrote exactly about it on paper but they just returned it first time saying "no issue no charge". I phoned them up saying what gives with this there is a clear issue, and they said they checked and its not a battery with a recall serial number so they just returned it. I explained if they actually read what I wrote and loaded it into a D800 they would see the problem instead of simply assuming that's the reason I sent it to them! They made me send it again AGAIN despite their stupid error. I was about 2 weeks without a damn battery. Do'h!

Nikon D600 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow