ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
robert van keulen
Regular MemberPosts: 340
Like?
Street photography with the Leica M Monochrom and Noctilux 50mm F0.95 ASPH
Oct 1, 2012

Hi,

i was able to borrow a Leica M Monochrom with Noctilux 50mm F0.95 ASPH. It was a pre-production model with a firmeware like 0,0012 or something like that. The Noctilux was not even in the lens list of the camera. man what a tiny DOF you get at 1meter and F0.95. In this case i had to ask each person if i could take there portrait.

I did a tour in the town of Leiden and took street portraits and scenes with high contrast. I had to shoot in the shadows to be able to use the F0.95 or F1.4. If there is a next time i will use a ND 8 filter.

All images were shot in DNG , edited in Lightroom 4 and then in Nik Silver Efex Pro 2.
Both come standard with the camera.

One warning when you use the silver efex pro software. The default sharpness of the leica M Monochrom is so high that you should turn off the "detail structure" option in the silver efex pro software. For my own OMD camera i can set it to 40% and i still have a normal sharp image when zoomed in to 100%. For the Monochrom you can use max 10% !

I love the very deep blacks and dynamic range which you get with the Monochrom. The sharpness is amazing.
See the large collection of images on:
http://www.flickr.com/...nscontinenta/sets/72157631658534045/with/8039681380/

enjoy the images

Robert.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow