Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dirk W
Senior MemberPosts: 1,548Gear list
Like?
I'd like to have an SLT-mirror that flips up during the shot
Oct 1, 2012

After looking at many comparison samples on the internet of NEX5N to A37/57 and NEX7 to A77 it becomes obvious that the translucent mirror adds noise, and I mean not because it "eats" some light, but mainly because it is an optical obstacle in front of the sensor that is not entirely clear like only lenses.

So why should Sony not take the best out of two worlds, keep the SLT for the great EVF and constant lifeview, but when you press the shutter it would flip up and give way for a free sensor? In my opinion this should not be a problem - except maybe that the continuous autofocus during bursts would become a little slower.

Since the SLT-mirror is much lighter than a traditional glass mirror, flipping up and down should go even faster with less vibration etc.

Any opinions?

Dirk W's gear list:Dirk W's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-3N A3000 +13 more
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A37 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow