Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
triplejaydee
Forum MemberPosts: 90Gear list
Like?
DP1 Merrill mini album
Oct 1, 2012

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share a sampling of pictures I've taken with my new camera. Hopefully, they'll clarify any concerns about the lens or convince someone still on the fence about it. All have some editing on SPP. Feel free to ask me any questions about it. My main observation compared to the previous DP generation is the need to use significant fill light when processing to bring back color and detail from shadows. Maybe it's my technique, but I don't remember having to do that with my DP2x; too much fill light though, and you'll start seeing that HDRish look found in the Sigma sample photos.

By the way, I never introduced myself: I'm a novice weekend shooter that went for a Sigma camera last year as my first serious camera as soon as I saw the difference between Foveon and the Bayer sensors. I guess I was always a pixel peeper, but didn't know any better before. Thanks for having me, this forum is a great learning space for me.
-Jon

triplejaydee's gear list:triplejaydee's gear list
Sigma DP2x Sigma DP1 Merrill Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sigma DP3 Merrill
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2x
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow