Photo Books

Started Sep 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Doublehelix
Contributing MemberPosts: 689Gear list
Like?
Re: Photo Books
In reply to Doublehelix, Oct 1, 2012

I ended up going with Lightroom and Blurb as I wanted to try out the Lightroom implementation. I must admit that I am very pleased with how LR allowed me to control the layout (although I am glad that I have Scott Kelby's LR book to help me through the basics).

There were a few things that were not immediately obvious (like how to add an image to the Lightroom book once it has already been created/saved), but once you learn the tricks, the program is very powerful and full-featured. I have nothing else at this point to compare it to, and I should probably try creating a book using another method just so I have another data point, but there was nothing that I wanted to accomplish that I could not do.

I uploaded a 40 page 12" x 12" book on Sept. 23rd, and it shipped on the 28th (5 days). I saw the previous post about Adoramapix shipping a 38 page book in 12 hours. Impressive!!!

It is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, and I will report back on the results/quality.

-- hide signature --

James

Doublehelix's gear list:Doublehelix's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow