ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Phugo
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
NIKON D800 Focus Issue
Oct 1, 2012

Hi,

Can you please send your comments on this pictures ?
It seems that I've also been granted with the AF Issue lucky strike !!!

NOTES:

• Test performed with Nikkor 50mm 1.8 G at aprox 1.7m from the wall (using 3 charts - one for each sensor - leftmost, center and rightmost).

• D800 configured with Mlup and 3 seg. Exposure Delay.

• Phots taken with LV e AF focus using leftmost, center and rightmost sensor.

• For each sensor photo batch I've inspected all the 3 charts that were posted against the wall (and alligned with each sensor)

CONCLUSIONS:

• Inspecting the Center Sensor photos it looks like AF photos are sharper then the Live View ones (believe me I'have done the test setup twice and got the same results). One explanation might be that this kind of chart is better suited for the AF algorithm. It's also quite clear that the lens is sharper at it's center than on the sides.

• Inspecting the Left Sensor Photos leads me to the conclusion that perhaps my D800 may have the AF issue since I don't understand why does the middle chart is so out of focus when the extremes are not. Although I may admit that there is not a major difference between the left side chart photos using AF and the LV focus.

LEFT SENSOR PHOTOS:

CENTER SENSOR PHOTOS:

RIGHT SENSOR PHOTOS:

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow