E-M5, Help Please: Want centered single AF point and...

Started Sep 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ernieF
Senior MemberPosts: 1,591Gear list
Like?
E-M5, Help Please: Want centered single AF point and...
Sep 30, 2012

My E-M5 will not set a centered fixed single AF point and the "green box" AF indicator flashes on only briefly then disappears. In either EVF or LCD shooting, the AF point focuses where-ever it wants rather than the center. Also, the green AF box only comes on for a split second then goes off.

I would like to use a single fixed AF point that stays on, and in both EVF and LCD. I've been through (particularily) the AF menu about 20 times and also through the manual. I've set the HOME point at the center and hit OK but that doesn't happen. I've now tried this a dozen times or so.

I like simple operation and so have turned off the touch screen and auto switching from EVF to LCD. I've also turned off the Super Control Panel and lots of other unneeded stuff.

I done about 3-4 "reset to default" and started over. I suspect I'm doing something basically wrong but don't know what? I have had 2 shoots where the green box was centered and stayed on, but tried some fine tuning and now can't get that function back?

Baffled. Ernie F.

ernieF's gear list:ernieF's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow