ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
skieferins
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
What to do ?
Sep 30, 2012

Hello,

For a long time now I have been buy compact cameras, hoping that each one would do what I wanted.....But the minimal success has only been slightly upped with each new camera.

The latest camera to catch my eye was the SONY RX100...It seems to fit the bill, however, somewhere I saw a photo chart which showed the size of the sensors built into cameras, the biggest was 35mm, then DLSR, 4/3rds,etc down to a compact camera.

So now its dawned on me that even though the RX100 is the biggest compact sensor around, it also being smaller than a DLSR, would I be better off buying a second hand DLSR for the shots I really don't want to miss : Indoor photos and portrait shots.

If I want a DLSR, which one should I go for ? I have £150 to spend and a collection of old compacts.....My current model RICOH CX4 does me fine aside from the indoor/low light situations.

Any advice please ? Many thanks

Ricoh CX4 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow