9/11 Tribute in Lights + Statue of Liberty - Tamron 70-300 USD

Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
MikeInNJ
Regular MemberPosts: 443Gear list
Like?
Re: 9/11 Tribute in Lights + Statue of Liberty - Tamron 70-300 USD
In reply to jadawgis732, Sep 30, 2012

Thank you for sharing your photos. I grew up in Bayonne and worked in the twin towers at one time in my career. I lost friends there in 2001 as well as back in the bombing in 1993.

I’m actually surprised by your location. I didn’t think you could get down that far on the Global Terminal pier without identification. My mother worked for the Navy/Army on the MOTBY terminal behind it which is now a cruise ship port with a small park at the end that has a memorial to the victims of the attack on 9/11. I’ve taken photos of New York and the Memorial which are included below.

Perhaps it’s the quintessential essence of Americas to honor those lost while at the same time rebuilding bigger and better that is lost on those that have not integrated with American society. There is nothing scary about your photos, not for Americans, not for the rest of the world. The new One World Trade Center (aka Freedom Tower) may be triumphant, yes, but not demeaning.

Many can argue the many facets of American foreign policy and how it is executed. In a little over 200 years, America grew from dependency on Europe to the sole world power. We have our faults but humanity could do much, much worse than to have a freedom loving democracy as its standard bearer.

Such was the thought of an early explorer of American political psychology:

"The greatness of America lies not in being more enlightened than any other nation, but rather in her ability to repair her faults." -- Alexis de Tocqueville, 1835

Now here’s some photos.

MikeInNJ's gear list:MikeInNJ's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX80 Sony SLT-A33 Sony SLT-A57 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow